Name of the society
"Edinburgh University Artificial Intelligence Society" or "AISoc"
Aims of the society
To help members to gain experience and knowledge of work in Artificial Intelligence by:
To provide a range of services to the alumni of the society, including an alumni database.
To provide support
to the School of Artificial Intelligence in the form of the Cascaded Learning
Clauses required by EUSA
- Web Page Manager, responsible for maintaining and updating the society web site. This includes co-ordinating web resources produced by the different areas of the society and maintaining the overall standard of the site.
- 1st Year Liaison Officer, responsible for making the society known to 1st year students and organising events targeting them, of which at least one should be held before the third week of the first term.
- MSc Liaison Officer, responsible for making the society known to MSc students and organising events targeting them, of which at least one should be held before the third week of the first term.
- "AISoc Company" Liaison Officer, responsible within the society for promoting awareness of the activities organised by the "AISoc Company" as well as advertising the available opportunities to society members.
- Alumni Liaison Officer, responsible for maintaining an up to date public alumni database, allowing previous members to update their information. It should be possible to query this database to obtain information on alumni, including their academic and professional interests, and their positions held within the society. The Alumni Liaison Officer is also responsible for organising the alumni events, and act as the society's contact to its previous members.
- Cascaded Learning Scheme Co-ordinator, responsible in liaison with the Cascaded Learning Scheme Organiser (a member of staff at the School of Artificial Intelligence), for the selection and renewal of "Cascaders". The Cascaded Learning Scheme Co-ordinator is also responsible for advertising the scheme in the School of AI, and maintaining the scheme's web page as well as the "cascade", "signin" and "signout" scripts running on the School of AI machines.
- Votes shall be cast by the raising of hands unless any member requests otherwise, in which case votes shall be cast by a secret ballot.